The best way to get to know us at Grace Church is to join us on a Sunday. Our service is 4pm at The Bishop's (C. of E.) Primary Academy on Canterbury Way, IP24 1EB. The service lasts about 70 mins.
We love to welcome new people. You don’t have to be religious to come along. You might not believe in God yet. You might never have been to church before. That’s fine. You’re very welcome!
We also love welcoming families. Children and noise don’t bother us and we believe that people from 0 to 110 are all important. Part way through our 4pm service the children (2-11) head out to the children's group, where they will have age-appropriate Bible teaching and will often be involved with dramas, crafts, games and songs. Once a month we have an all-age service, where the children stay in throughout.
What to expect?
• A Bible reading and a talk based on the passage. We believe that God speaks to us today through His Word the Bible - so the focus of our 4pm Sunday service is listening to what He has to say to us.
• Singing: Christians sing because they have lots to sing about! We sing a wide range of songs - some traditional, some modern - that help us praise God and encourage each other.
• Praying: God promises to hear and answer His people's prayers, so we pray to Him for concerns in our church family and in the wider world, as well as thanking Him for who He is and what He has done.
• Confession: We say sorry to God for ignoring Him and ask Him for forgiveness because of Jesus.
• We regularly have an Encouragement time where people can share any particular encouragements they have had - like an answer to prayer or some Bible truth that has really struck them or helped them etc.
• Refreshments - at the end of the service we have tea, coffee, squash, sandwiches, cake and biscuits to encourage people to stay around and chat and get to know to one another.